Marinating the ribs: all the tastiest recipes
Aromatic herbs, spices and much more: here is everything you need to marinate the ribs flawlessly for grilling.
For a self-respecting barbecue, you will need to get the right cuts of meat to grill: steaks, sausages, hamburgers, skewers and - of course - ribs. In fact, you cannot really think of barbecue without cooking succulent pork ribs: but what is the secret to prepare them to perfection and obtain an excellent result? The answer is simple: marinades!
So let's see what are the best marinades to try to flavor your ribs at best and a few more secrets to achieve the perfect cooking.
The recipes of the marinades
Why do you have to marinate the ribs to get a unique and unforgettable taste?
It's simple: during the marinating phase, the meat absorbs all the aromas and flavors of the chosen ingredients and releases them during cooking, giving the meat a truly unique taste.
To marinate the meat well, follow these steps:
- Put the ribs in a pan, add the marinade ingredients and massage the meat well for a few minutes so that all the flavors penetrate at their best and are well blended;
- Cover the meat with cling film and transfer it to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up to a maximum of 4;
- After the marinating time, drain the ribs from the marinade and proceed with cooking.
Now that you have learned the individual steps, necessary to obtain an ideal meat marinade, here are some marinade recipes: the quantities of the indicated ingredients are to be considered for each kilogram of pork ribs.
CLASSIC MARINADE: 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 10 black peppercorns, 4 sprigs of rosemary, 6 sage leaves.
AMERICAN MARINADE: 3 tablespoons olive or sunflower oil, half a glass of white wine, 3 tablespoons of paprika powder, 5 juniper berries, 10 black peppercorns.
RUSTIC MARINADE: 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 10 black peppercorns, 2 sprigs of myrtle.
ORIENTAL MARINADE: 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 3 slices of ginger, a stick of lemongrass.
DELICATE MARINADE: 2 scarce tablespoons of acacia honey, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 4 sprigs of thyme, 10 grains of white pepper..
SWEET MARINADE: an open vanilla pod, 2 glasses of beer, 10 black peppercorns.
STRONG MARINADE: 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder, 3 sprigs of rosemary, 2 chillies.
The cooking secrets
Very tasty and ideal for those who love to gnaw meat close to the bone, ribs can however be prepared in different ways:
- Baked ribs: once marinated, place the ribs in the oven at 180°C for 30/40 minutes, turning them often and sprinkling them with their own marinade or with a liquid of your choice (wine, beer, vinegar, broth). Alternatively, you can use AIA Happy Ribs - Pork Ribs and heat them in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes or in the microwave at medium power for 5 minutes;
- Ribs in a pan: brown the ribs in a pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, blend them with white wine, broth or beer and cook them for an hour, covered, over low heat;
- barbecue ribs: for this technique, the marinade is a must. Once the meat has been soaked in the marinade, drain it and place it on the hot grill; cook turning them 2 or 3 times until they are perfectly cooked (it will take about 20-25 minutes). If you have doubts about cooking meat on the grill, remember you find all the rules not to burn the meat here.
If you like spicy flavors, you can try to prepare spicy pork ribs with beer, or lacquered pork ribs, unique in their strong taste. No time for marinating? Then you just have to try the AIA Sweet Paprika and Chilli Pepper Ribs!